Imagine a space where individuals with special needs and autism spectrum disorder can create, play & discover how music naturally inspires connection and internal calm.
Sponsored by the Carnival of Love Foundation, musicLAB is a free monthly music program with the creative music direction by Olympia Milonas. Participants of all ages, and their siblings, along with their parents or guardians, are welcome to feel free to imagine, sing, dance & create music at their own pace and rhythm.
Please register for each class by clicking here.
Classes are held at:
Kefalos Society of America
20-41 Steinway Street, Astoria, NY 11105
musicLAB activities include, but are not limited to:
- Students will learn rhythm and the basics of music through song and movement
- For those that can, vocalizations to help projection of voice, singing songs as a group acapella or with music
- Simple choreography to learn coordination and memorization
- Exposure to music from around the world, African, Asian, Indian, Greek, etc.
- Free time dance party; students can let loose and make up their own dance moves
- Each kid will have the opportunity to be a leader and instruct the class during the conga line or other activities
- Students will learn the Carnival of Love theme song and create a dance performance for it
Parents/Guardians are required to accompany musicLAB participants. Class location is wheelchair friendly. Waivers and registration form completion is required prior to the start of participants' first class.
We are taking a break for the summer & will resume in September.
We wish our families a blessed + fun summer!
See you soon!
xo COLF Team